Welcome!

"Although globalization has been seen as the defining process of our time, we seem to be uneasy and confused about what kind of world we actually live in."-Carl W. Ernst

Friday, May 28, 2010

Rapture?

The other day I was sitting in the house of an evangelist that was well known and well thought of around the Edmonton area. He had invited my parents along to meet another relatively famous evangelist that had been staying at his home. I had no idea who these people were, but my brother (along with the internet and other sorts of brochures) assured me that these people were sort of a big deal.

During our visit, issues in leadership and membership passivity were brought up. The preacher broke out saying, "Many Christians do not even care about the effects of the Rapture anymore!"

His friend commented, "Some do not even believe the Rapture to be true!"

I wanted to pipe up that I was one of those Christians that do not believe in the Rapture, but instead I just sat uncomfortably in my seat.

8 comments:

  1. My inaugural address at the Great White Throne Judgment of the Dead, after I have raptured out billions! My Cleansing/Culling/Evacuation of the Earth in My Conflagration at World's End! The Secret Rapture soon, by my hand! Stay tuned!
    Read My Inaugural Address
    My Site=http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/spaceman

    ReplyDelete
  2. P-dawg, I don't know if I believe in the Rapture either. Just thought I'd let you know. It just seems a little off base to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Paul. I tried to tell that to my Grandpa, and he was worried that I had lost my faith lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never gave it much thought but I am sure you are not alone!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Congratulations, darling! You are the winner of my Felt Your Heart Beat Necklace Giveaway! Just email me your full name and address to carriecalligraphy@gmail.com to claim your lovely prize!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Given that I am a self-proclaimed agnosticist, I feel that way a lot when people talk about religion. I just have to remember to respect everyone else's beliefs as well as my own. And boy, is it hard ... I have extremely strong opinions! :)

    Sydnie
    www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com
    Enter my handbag giveaway now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm maybe you have been raptured since you haven't posted anything in a long time... and we sadly are all left behind :P ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Mr. Seabrook.
    Post some more Pauline! Please?

    ReplyDelete