Welcome!

"Although globalization has been seen as the defining process of our time, we seem to be uneasy and confused about what kind of world we actually live in."-Carl W. Ernst

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Year End Blues

I don't know what's going on, or who is doing it, but I just want to say thank you. I've managed to keep it all in together and I haven't had a mental breakdown this semester. I'm sure I owe a lot to my prayer group, who knows of my anxieties and woes, not to mention my family and friends back home who I am sure are praying for me. Whoever you are, thanks. I've been busy and stressed, but not the hair ripping, why-does-the-world-feel-like-it-is-on-top-of-my-shoulders-all-of-a-sudden stress.

I went to my prof's house tonight. He made us curry and we watched a movie that I requested (hee!). It was a wonderful documentary called The Queen and I, which is the story of two women of different worlds reconciling even though they disagreed on the topics surrounding the Iranian revolution three decades ago, which actually becomes the basis for the movie. We had a nice time getting to know one another and discussed the movie briefly afterwards. It was fun and really kind of him to have us over.

This semester is coming to a close, and Robyn and I are going to have a little hang out tomorrow afternoon/evening. I still have 3-4 exams left, and then it's grad! I'm really excited to dress up and bring out my spring clothes, even though I love the fall collection more. Always.

I'm getting use to having a crappy GPA. I feel like even though I worked so hard for 4 months, haven't slept in all semester, I blew it all on a final. Now I just wish for the summer for the opportunity to memorize my Mounce textbook so I could sort of redeem myself...knowing that maybe I would have been better off doing that in the first place.

Anyways, I smell like curry and I refuse to be upset about my marks so I'm going to change and get ready for bed. Apparently, life still moves on even when mediocrity is knocking on your door, so maybe I'll concentrate my efforts into making the world into a better place and not being bitter when there are more important things at hand.

Did I mention that it's beautiful outside?


No comments:

Post a Comment