Welcome!

"Although globalization has been seen as the defining process of our time, we seem to be uneasy and confused about what kind of world we actually live in."-Carl W. Ernst

Monday, March 1, 2010

New Program Launch

Hey everyone, it's that time that I've been waiting for ALL year! There's going to be an information session about the new programs.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, the ed. team is just switching up a few things in your program. No, you don't have to switch to the new one, but it's useful to see what is offered.

For example, in the revised program, that class you feel you need to graduate with and have been dreading since your freshman year might not be required.

There are two nights at the Hildebrand that the program launch will take place:

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 8:05-9:30 pm after the TESOL ethnic dinner

OR

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 6:30-8:00 pm

It would be helpful for students to bring their unofficial transcripts.

Also, rumor has it that there will be $20 iTunes gift cards as door prizes for both nights. What incentive!

Quoting from Big Red, the program launch should help answer the following questions:

· Am I in the best program to meet my vocational needs?

· If I am already in the right program, should I stay in the old program or switch to the new version?

· Can I add a minor to my degree?

· Would switching to the new program allow me to use currently unapplied courses I have taken due to a previous program switch or transfer credits?



No comments:

Post a Comment