Welcome!

"Although globalization has been seen as the defining process of our time, we seem to be uneasy and confused about what kind of world we actually live in."-Carl W. Ernst

Monday, February 22, 2010

YQ Weekend

YQ was packed with youth. Without the overflow section in the Hildebrand, everyone would have sat uncomfortably.

The girls in my room were very kind. Some of them were very mature for their age. They caused no trouble at all and were very quiet, though I should add that my roommate and I sleep fitfully and do not always wake up to noises.

Instead of having a tiring weekend, it was rather rejuvenating for me. I enjoyed hearing a fresh take on the Gospel that is not always mentioned or approached that way.

One question that was asked in one of the talks is why Jesus had to die on the cross. The speaker concluded that there is no actual good reason that the human mind can comprehend, but to accept God's love as a response.

This lead into the message of obedience from the main sessions and the need to learn to grow from human selfishness into properly accepting and loving as a result.

Edit: Also, I should mention that I was thoroughly impressed by the entertainment aspect. Dustin Kelm, world champion unicyclist, was able to connect with the audience in a vulnerable way that did not merely scratch the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment