Welcome!

"Although globalization has been seen as the defining process of our time, we seem to be uneasy and confused about what kind of world we actually live in."-Carl W. Ernst

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Routine

Waking up at 6:30 a.m. can be tough on weekdays, especially when you don't have a morning class to go to. Here are some helpful tips that would get you out of bed in the morning:

1) Set an alarm clock
-I have three alarms on my phone. The first two rings are just what it is--an alarm or warning. It tells me that I need to get out of bed soon. The third ring is what really counts. Like the cliche goes, third time's a charm!

2) Have a morning accountability partner
-This can be sort of unspoken, but there are multiple people on the hall that wake up as early as I do and I think they would notice if I was still sleeping, especially if my door was wide open. I love seeing their bright, cheery faces when we greet one another at the crack of dawn. These pleasant moments can be motivation for one when getting out of bed.

(Or, you can just have these early risers wake you up in the morning. I've tried it, and it is equally as effective, that is if you don't mind giving the embarrassing "what time is it?" look.)

3) Breakfast and Homework
-Really, as long as you know you have something to do, you will get out of bed. Just remember the urgency of the matter the next time you drowsily glance at the time and it will scare you awake.

Proverbs 6:9 says "How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?"

I'm taking this verse out of context, but I think if we all had this verse read to us as we got up in the morning, it will really remind us to resist the temptation of rolling over or unplugging our alarm clock.

What other strategies can you think of for getting up (and staying awake) early in the morning?

1 comment:

  1. Great advice there pauline! I'm up for trying some of that!

    ReplyDelete